Resolved
4.5
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jul 16

I contacted customer service a second time and spoke with someone named "Erick." He was very helpful and provided a lot more information that made it possible for me to retrieve the game.

Original review posted by user Jul 16

I've been an avid fan of the Sims.I wanted to re-install the Sims 3.

I had the case and the product key, but I lost the CD. I contacted customer support, and was put in touch with "Rajat" through a chatroom. I explained the situation, and waited about 10 minutes for him to respond. After providing him with a code, he claimed he sent an email to the address attached to the code.

Apparently the code must have been attached to a very old email account that I deleted a long time ago, because I never received any email. I asked if there was another way to verify I owned this game copy. I was told that unless I could produce a receipt proving purchase, they could not help me. This game has been out since 2009.

In what universe would anyone hold onto a receipt for 8 years? They told me they could not help me and promptly shut down the conversation. Finding an alternative way to contact them about this is nigh impossible.

It's like they have zero interest in helping their customers.I guess it's my fault for buying from EA in the first place.

Review about: Electronic Arts The Sims 3 Video Game.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Sims 3.

I didn't like: Your customer service.

Had an Experience with Electronic Arts?

Comments